Popular Posts

Friday, May 20, 2011

Pushing Forward: My Last Chapter

Brae, Megan and I at my Birthday Bash

Calanques

Rome with Morgan

Mont Sainte Victoire

Mont Sainte Victoire

Paris with the Ladies

Gorges du Verdon

Arles Feria de Paques

Arles Bullfights

Corsica with my best friends

St Tropez

Cap Taillat

Cap Taillat

Chateau d'If

Megsy's Last Night

Megan, Jerrica and I at Pavillion Vendome

Our Goodbyes... :(
I realize that I haven't blogged in over three months and I wish I had, but blogging doesn't always agree with me. Especially when there are much more exciting things to do. :) But over the last few months, I have done so much and made friends and lost friends and loved life to the fullest. Some of the highlights include: enjoying my 21st birthday (a little too much) with friends, exploring some of the back rues of Marseille, celebrating Carneval in Nice, having an amazing vacation with Morgan in Rome, returning to Paris, experiencing the Calanques, hiking Mont Sainte Victoire with a German, Wisconsinite, and Virginian, seeing the Gorges du Verdon, experiencing bullfights in Arles, ignoring exams for an amazing trip to Corsica (Corsica Cola included), hopefully passing my exams (cross your fingers on that one!), celebrating (hardcore parkour) Brae's last night, relaxing at Chateau d'If and the Frioul Islands, and enjoying Megsy's last hurrah.

Some of my memories have been amazing and others have been a little bit harder to bear.  Last night Jerrica and I took Megan to the bus station so she could catch her bus to the airport. And after experiencing that and Brae and Margo leaving as well (Brae a few days ago and Margo this morning), things have taken on such a reality and now I know the end is inevitable. On the walk home, Jerrica and I pretty much sobbed and talked about how much we missed them. These wonderful women have made such a change in me, for the better. We have done so much together and I will miss them more than they know. But I have made a decision to not be mopey for the next month. I will travel, I will do, I will relax, I will love, I will live, I will NOT regret.

Someone wise once said (aka G-ma Beckner) "Books are interesting because they have different chapters", and while I realize that everyone back home is itching for me to be home and for me to start a new chapter there, I will take this time to enjoy my last memories of Aix-en-Provence to the fullest. I know that this experience must end and I have (kind of) come to terms with that. But for now at least, in the words of another wise person (aka Michelle), I will "measure my success and happiness in empty wine glasses and hugs."

No comments:

Post a Comment